Chocolate Smoothie with the Brain Power Twist
I am a strong believer that the healthy lifestyles create happy students. Today, we will teach you how to prepare a healthy and delicious chocolate smoothie breakfast.
Breakfast gives children the energy they need at school and what could be a better and easier accessed choice than bananas as an excellent energy-boosting superfood?
Did you know that we, Americans, eat more bananas that both apples and oranges combined? Good for us, because bananas are highly nutritious and contain manganese, vitamin B6, vitamin C, fiber, potassium, iron, vitamin A, biotin, and other nutrients. It is a low fat food, too!
Parents know that including sweet ingredients such as chocolate will make their cooking an instant hit.
Here goes the recipe.
You will need:
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- 3.5 oz bar of chocolate
- 3 cups of milk
1. Peel bananas and then break each of them into pieces.
2. Break the chocolate bar into small pieces too.
3. Place all the ingredients (bananas, chocolate and milk) in a pot over low heat, stirring constantly til the chocolate melts completely.
5. Pour the mixture into blender and mix until smooth.
6. Pour the smoothie into the cup and garnish with grated chocolate.
Yam! Easy, healthy, kid friendly and delicious breakfast.