Tin Can Drum
Coming up with a new music activity for children, I thought of the coffee can drum and recalled my own “Coffee Story”.
Years ago, after I stopped nursing my young child, I craved coffee. To indulge in this addictive drink, I needed something to entertain my curious baby for a few minutes.
Quickly, I came up with the idea of the Coffee Cup Drum, which only required a clear plastic cup, a handful of coffee beans generously provided by a barista, and a lid.
That very first sip of coffee after a long-lasting break from the caffeine was marvelous and my baby was happy with his musical instrument.
To create a more sturdy drum for toddlers and older kids, you will need the following:
- An empty coffee or any other tin can
- Decorative scotch tape
- Two balloons
- Cut the nozzle off the balloons.
- Stretch one balloon around the can.
- Cut small holes in the second balloon and stretch it around the can.
- Scotch tape the balloons in a place.
Share our story with friends and family. Thank you!